Also: Advil, Motrin
For the safety of your family, this information is intended for use by North Seattle Pediatrics patients exclusively.
Medication for pain and fever. Age 6 months and up.
Infant concentrated drops (50mg per 1.25ml), use only the dropper provided:
- 12-17 pounds: 1st line on dropper = (1.25ml) up to every 6 to 8 hours
- 18-23 pounds: 2nd line on dropper = (1.875ml) up to every 6-8 hours
- 23-35 pounds: (1.25ml plus 1.25ml = 100mg) up to every 6-8 hours
Suspension (100mg per teaspoon):
- 11 to 17 pounds: 2.5ml = 1/2 teaspoon (50mg) up to every 6-8 hours
- 17 to 22 pounds: 3.8ml = 3/4 teaspoon (75mg) up to every 6-8 hours
- 22 to 35 pounds: 5ml = 1 teaspoon (100mg) up to every 6-8 hours